Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Beauty of Language

If given lots of time and money what is one thing u would wanna do? One thing which I would wanna do is to indulge myself learning many different languages.
Since young, I am captivated by the beauty of language.

Growing up in Singapore gives me the priviledge to be in touch with various language.
I love exploring into Mandarine, English (of cuz), Hokkien, Teochew, Cantonese, Malayu or Japanese.......And lately if you can remember is Hangul (Korean).....which sad to say...have not even get my foundation right......no time.....haiz....

Among all these languages which I have explored...which is the language I loved best?
And which language do you love best?

I loved Cantonese most.........
Its a beautiful language.........the only language which sounds so musical...as if one is singing a beautiful tune.....esp pure cantonese from Hong Kong.

I often have Malays as my neighbours....(and I get along very well with Malays - Hee...I even told my mum that I wanna have a beautiful Malay style wedding at the voideck...which of cuz set my mum worrying......hee...unique wah......then I will made all my guest dress in gown and suit to attend this unique 'voideck' wedding...AH....HAHAHAHA........Angeline always have weird scary ideas...hahaha...)
and becuz my mum speak good pure Malay (she was born in Indonesia).....
My Dad looks like typical Malay.......thus I have a little features of Malay in certain aspect......thus I often got mistaken as Malay...or people will talk to me in Malay....esp my neighbours.....
I can only reply with my broken-Malayu....hahaha......
One of my ex whom I almost married few years back....(as mentioned) was a Malaysian....

Language is really beautiful................
Frankly speaking...due to my love for different language...I seriously do not mind my bf or husband to be in any race..but he must be a God-fearing Christian who loves me and God deeply....thats my only request...Money wise....I never ask my partner to be rich...if he is rich its a bonus...if not..as long as he is hardworking and smart...and can support himself...and our family in future...its good enough...I can support myself......
I am brought up in this way.....

Sorry back to where I was....
But recently.........I fell in love with another Language which I have spoken it since my school days......that is English....
Esp British English...............

If I would ever have a chance, time and money.........I wanna learn as many language as possible.................
With all these languages around.............this world has become even more beautiful...............

Cheers to the beauty of Languages.......!!!

No comments: