Sunday, July 20, 2008

Happiness = IF?????


Many times in life, we think and believe that Happiness always comes with 'if'.
E.g. If I earn $8,000/mth I will be a happy man. If I have a man I love and who truly love me then I will be a happy woman. If I have been promoted, I will be happy. If I get this deal, I will be happy. If I can afford this car, I will be happy. If my boss appreciates me and understands me, I will be happy.
This list can goes on and on...and never ends.

As I was watching a Chinese Movie on the TV just now called THE CITY OF MONSTER.
Its talking about the war between Monster and Men. Each thinking that the other is happier or each thinking that IF ONLY THE OPPOSITE PARTY DOES NOT EXIST THEY WILL BE HAPPY. At the end of the show, it threw me a question "WHAT IS REAL HAPPINESS? WHERE IS REAL HAPPINESS?"

Finally, once again, the Lord reminded me thru this 'Friction' Movie.
True Happiness comes from within, given by God.
Jesus is the fountain and the source for all LOVE, PEACE, JOY and HAPPINESS.
True Happiness comes from within..it should not be affected by people, things or circumstance around us.

This entire week, I gave myself lots of stress. I became unhappy.
Before exam was due to work. During Exam was that mishap I met the day before Exam and the pressure I faced from the Exam, forcing myself to pass and do well, so that all my hardwork can be justify.
I forgot one important thing......


Result does not justify anything...Exam is there to test if we have known and understand what we are taught so that we can proceed on.
Thus it really doesn't matter if I fail this exam or not. If I pass, I give all the thanksgiving and glory to God. And if I failed, it doesn't mean I am lousy or bad.
It only tells that I am just not ready at this period of time to proceed on and needs more time to get myself ready to proceed on.
Its just that simple. I shouldn't have lost my happiness over what has happened the day before my exam, or what happens in that unfamilar Exam Hall.
I know I did my BEST. I need not prove to anyone for God and myself know, how much effort I have put in. Even people around me sees just how much effort I have put in.
So, whatever the result is, I should accept it with a happy heart and a thankful heart. For God knows it BEST!

This reminded me of what Billy once told me, Happiness is not about IF..."if I have this and that then i will be happy...and Happiness is not about if this and that has not happened..I will be Happy." He said "Angeline, I am asking you, are u happy now? Not are u happy later? Its just that simple a question."

He is right. I guess God has been using Billy to bring this msg across. But I just didn't get it till Billy left for his next mission elsewhere. But again, like Billy told me..Happiness comes from within (given by God) it does not rely on people and happenings, thus no one can affect you. Its a matter of choice, whether you chose to be happy or not.

Thanks Lord for helping me to realise this and no longer let what has happened affects me. Thank You Father in Heaven.

And same to you my dear friends, remember this same Lesson, "HAPPINESS IS A CHOICE. IT COMES FROM WITHIN. AND ONLY GOD CAN FILL U WITH HAPPINESS CUZ HE IS THE SOURCE OF HAPPINESS. HAVE FAITH & TRUST - EVEN IF THE REASON IS UNKNOWN FOREVER."

Night night.
Luv you guys always,
Angeline

No comments: