Thursday, October 16, 2008

Advertisement!!!

Do you walk away during advertisement time or take this time to have a break, visit the washroom, drink a glass or water, find for food to eat?

Recently, I noticed the change in the local advertisement or at least those shown in our TV programme break-time.
I used to enjoy only advertisement in foreign countries during my visit to places like Australia, Hong Kong or China..etc..

I find their advertisememt really interesting and catchy..
each has their own style..be it over exaggerating or simple/ straight forward..and effective.
What makes an ad effective?
Being a Graphic Designer myself, to me..
An Ad be it commercial Ad u see on TV or printed ad..
they must be able to achieve the followings:
1) Project the right/target message across to target audience
2) Leave deep impression
3) The simpler the better..too complex ad people are hard to focuz and not easy to get the exact message.
4) Think out of the box.
etc..

There are many other points of cuz.
But my point is..I have seen improvement in Local's ad..which makes me very happy.
It has shown the creativity which one should have in the creative line.

However, one point to note is..never be OVER-CREATIVE.. that layman (normal audience) cannot understand. Remember, your target audience are layman..common people who are not in creative field..

I have people coming up to me asking me what some advertisement is about..thinking becuz I am a designer..I probably will know better..
Thus..in this aspect..sorry..these advertisement failed..
No advertisement should need another party's explaination in order to understand.
Get the point?
An Ad will have immediate if not digestive effect-meaning you might not react immediately but you have registered that ad and in due time when you need that item this will cuz the effect.

So Gambatte all those in creative line..!!! keep the creative juice flowing..
Thanks my humble advise..
Cheers,
Angeline

No comments: