Tuesday, January 27, 2009

1st Day of Niu Year

After a long wait..
Finally came the first day of Niu year!

How did you spend your first day of Niu Year this year?
Mine was good...
As usual, becuz we slept really late on Chinese New Year eve after the Reunion Dinner which is traditionally steamboat everyone..We would normally sleep till pretty late the next year.

We had an aunt and her daughters visiting us slightly before lunch...
and then we got ourselve all dressed up with new clothings, new bags, new shoes etc..as chinese believe that in the new year, not only should we keep our house as good as new, thats why we will normally do a thorough spring cleaning before Chinese New Year, and we will want everything new too..that will represent a good new start for a brand new year..throwing away all the old and whatever unhappiness or things which are no good, putting on or keep only what is good.

In Church, we were reminded to keep renewing our heart as well, to renew our relationship with God, fill our heart with goodness, faithfulness, kindness, love, happiness and so on..

Back to where I was...
After getting ready, pretty and shiny, my family and I first went to pay respect to my grandpa at All Saints...To us, we value family value very much...thus it good to be reminded and give thanks to God for having my grandpa back with Him in heaven now enjoying eternal happiness, and also remember the goodness of my grandpa as well.

Thereafter, we visited my mum's family as usual....
Our little princess was very happy yesterday...she was smiling to everyone and well behave as usual...I am very happy too..becuz I can get to play with her alot yesterday...hee..

We went to visit my favourite grandma (my dad's mum) after that. Shortly after our arrival, the rest of our HUGE family came....the house was filled with joy, laugher and children running around...I love the warm feeling of family...
the only thing which probably could have made this better is, if my grandma had a bigger house to accompany her HUGE family.....She is indeed very blessed with many children and grandchildren and now great grandchildren...

After visiting grandma, its a tradition to visit other relative's house and our house. So we decided to head home first to rest while waiting for my aunties, uncles and cousins to visit us.
That ends my first day of Chinese New Year. :)

I am really happy to have this one long week of break..which I haven't have for so long...thank you Lord...

If only I dun have classes this friday and sat, I would have gone somewhere for a short tour...cuz since I started my degree course, all my leaves are taken up for my exam and even having to advance annual leave just for my exams...so, as you can see, how precious this week is to me. :)

Thank you lord!

No comments: