Monday, December 1, 2008

1st nite in Beijing

This is my first nite in Beijing on my first business trip.
All excited but anxious too!

Thank God for giving me a beautiful room in this 5 star hotel. A huge and beautiful room.
Tho not used to stay alone in a hotel room but I must learn to overcome this.
This hotel is great!

Its good to have someone you know in a foriegn country esp when you are alone.

My church sister, May Ying works here and lives near the hotel which I am staying in.
She is so sweet and kind.
She came over to my room after I reached my hotel and took me out to Gui Jie a street full of food to eat..





After a long journey flight from Singapore to HK then to Beijing, I finally touched down in Beijing tonight 8pm.

Took a cab to the hotel which I booked near the conference place.
Really thankful to God that my church sister also stays in Beijing..becuz the taxi driver doesn't know where is my hotel (Jing Guan New World Hotel) becuz all my info is in English.

If not for her to call me and direct the taxi driver, I probably do not know where I will end up in. Hee..
This is my beautiful room in Jing Guan New World Hotel.





May Ying came over to my hotel room and brought me to a chinese restaurant and she treated me a place of Hot Spicy mini Lobsters..one of the famous dish here..and we order many other nice food..
but can't finished..becuz in Beijing..there is no such thing as small portion..or smaller plate.




After our late dinner its midnite..and I just came back to my room..
unpacked my stuff and took a quick shower..

May Ying showed me so many nice places which we could visit as we travel in the taxi..too bad my stay here is so short..
hee..see how la..might skip the dinner or leave earlier after the dinner with the organisor and meet my church sister after that..hee..

After reaching here..all my grumble started to turn into thanksgiving..
I finally understand why God sent me here...
If God didn't sent me here, I would not break thru this barrier of going abroad and staying alone..and I cannot become really independent..
And if God doesn't sent me here, I probably will never get a chance to come to beijing..seeing another part of the world..
Just take this a work but also a holiday for myself..
God probably know that, since my leave is all taken up by exam..I won't have any leave for holiday..so..after all..this trip is a Great trip.

I should just open up and sit back relax, Break Thru!!! And start enjoying everything God has prepare for me.
Thank you Lord!

Okie now is 1plus in the morning..need to go thru some notes and then go to sleep and get ready for meeting tomo morning..

Keep me in prayer okie..
1st nite in Beijing is Great!

No comments: