Sunday, December 7, 2008

3rd Day in Beijing

Today is Tuesday, my 3rd in Beijing, 2nd and last day of Conference.

Thanks to the white wine I had, I managed to sleep very well last nite.
Woke up about 7am rushed again to get ready, then quick breakfast again, then conference at 9am today.

The Conference was good today. We exchanged many views.
Thereafter was group lunch for interaction.
Yesterday I was siting with the Indonesia Distributor, humbly listening to him sharing his business experience. Today, I was siting with my Korean Dad, listening to him sharing Philosphy of Life, work, time management and even 
Marketing as I told him I missed my first Marketing class becuz of this businesss trip.
So he shared with me some knowledge on Marketing. He is also a lecturer/ Associated professor in Korean University.

After lunch is the conclusion of the Conference and Award presentation.
To my surprise, my company has a share of the award too!!!
My eyes were wide open as they called out my company's name, cuz we were not told.
They looked at me and say "Yes, its you, come and recieved the award!" hee..and so, I went up to recieve the medal award for my company.
=) That's so sweet.

As the conference ended, many came to talk to me and introduce themselve and we exchange business cards and some views on business prospect.

Thereafter was the BIRD NEST TOUR. haha..pardon me, I really thot we are visiting the BIRD NEST FACTORY till I heard someone said in Chinese 'niao cao' then I realise we are visiting the BIRD NEST LIKE STADIUM where this years Olympic was held.

We took transport there and had a long walk to reach that place.
Well, the stadium was not as big as the one Singapore has. Tho the structure is nice.

After the visit to BIRD NEST, we went back to hotel and bid goodbye..
Before I left, I had a short session on the Medical Business Aspect of some of the products.

Thereafter, I went to meet my church sister May Ying and she took me to a famous Mutton steamboat restaurant for dinner.
Before we reached the restaurant we stop over at Shi Mao Tian Jie, which I managed to go during the day when I had about an hour's interval.
You can see the the Day and night looks totally different.

Day is like a 'ghost-town' very quiet. I took a quick stroll in one of the Mall, and found out that the prices are way too high as compare to Singapore, not much different or should I say more expensive. Thus even get a single thing.





But night was different. I was captivated by this marvelous (longest) screen I think in the world above me which one will never know its a screen in the day. The 3D effect was so good!!! Its so cool..If May Ying didn't bring me here during the nite, I would probably say..Beijing??? Nothing to see..hee..
Okay, at least there are something impressive to see.




This is the nice scenery along the journey from the hotel where I have conference, to this Shi mao tian jie during the day.

Okie, after taking a few snap shots, its time for dinner.
Off we go...
We reached the famous mutton restaurant, as usual had to queue and wait for seats.
The steamboat is unique, you basically cook all the raw food in that steamboat (but its only plain water, unlike our chicken or herbal soup base). Thus soup has no taste.
We were given few live-prawns to cook in our steamboat.





The mutton taste good in the unique sauce, no chillie or light soya sauce which we normally have in Singapore. Take a long time to get use to that taste.
But overall, unique..no bad lah..hee..

After dinner, we went for a drink.
This place has funny drinks (voka) uses difference World Leaders name. Interesting.

Thereafter its bed time.
Sent May Ying back to her place and back to hotel to caught some sleep.

Thanks to May Ying, she made this trip a better one for me.
Without her, I dunno what I would be.
And thanks for I-ning for telling me that May Ying stays here and that I can meet up with May Ying. I had a great time here in Beijing. A great learning experiences in all aspect.

Overall, thank God for making this trip a wonderful one for me.
Thanks my offices/bosses for this business trip opportunity.
Seriously, this is not a tour, no sight-seeing in fact (except if you count the BIRD NEST and the restaurants where we had dinner one..)as many thot it will be..
But its an eye-openers for me as its my first business trip.

There is always 2 sides of the coin for everything.
In everything, take it with a gratitute and Life will be better :)

No comments: