Sunday, July 5, 2009

Devotion

Reading the book given by my Youth Fellowship as my birthday present Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be- by Donna Partow.

God spoke to me thru the devotion passage.
Again He reminded me..to stop and refocuz...
Not only God wants me to be back in good physical health but also good spiritual health.
Like in the devotion passage- there is a bible verse that says " A joyful heart is good medicine but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." (proverb 17:22)
Joy and Laughter are healers. Negativity-and the stress it creates is a destroyer.

Another verse which hits me is "Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your mind in Christ Jesus." "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is execellent or praiseworthy-think about such things...put into practice..And the God of peace will be with you.."

Guided prayer:"Dear Lord, I rejoice in you! Let the joy and rest I find in knowing you be manifested in my life as a gentle and quiet spirit. Thank you for being near. Today I choose, by faith, not to be anxious about anything. Instead, I am presenting it all to you and trusting you to work all things together for my good. Thank you Lord. You've been good to me.

Holy Spirit, teach me how to recognise and remain in the peace of God, even when my circumstances are anything but peaceful. I know that peace guards my heart, my mind and my health, too. God, forgive me for those times when I get so focuzed on everything that's wrong with my life. That gets me nowhere. Instead, I'm fixing my thoughts on what is right in my life: everything that's true, noble, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy. Since that sums up Jesus perfectly, All I really have to do is fix my eyes on you. Thanks for making it so simple. Lord. Amen!"

Today's devotion helped me alot. Hope this bit of sharing helps you as well.
Now I know why devotion is so important.
God has prefect timing prefect plan.
Just in time to reminds me to trust in Him, rely on Him and not myself.
With God, all things is possible.
The LOrd is my strength and my fortress.

Praise the Lord Almighty!

No comments: