Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Hat that Fits

 

I am a collector of Hats. There are people are are Boots Feetish and some one I know is Sofa Feetish. Me? I am Hats Feetish…

I look good in hats and caps, thus I have a number of them in my collection.

But not all Hat will Fit. I always remember a chinese phrase that goes “没那么大的头别戴那么大的帽子”it means one must know their own ability. Do not over estimate your ability. Everyone should get only what they deserve but of course God do give us blessings giving us what we do not deserve.

Talking about that, do you know the different between Grace and Blessings?

These two words are commonly used by Christians and many. But do you really know what it means?

Grace: Is God did not give us what we deserve, such as we are all sinners but because of the grace of God, He did not send us all to Hell but sent His son Jesus Christ to die for us on the cross so that we can be cleanse by the precious blood of Jesus to enter into Heaven rather than going into Hell (which by our sins deserved).

Blessing: Is what we do not deserve but God give to us. Many things in life is a blessing, such as our love ones, our family, our job, our school, our bonus, our bosses, our collegues, our house, our cars…etc..

Ok back to where I was…The Hat that Fits…

In the past when I looked at the different salary range which people are earning… I start to ponder…how can people earn so much more than me….I always thinks its unlikely for me to earn anything within that range…owing at least 2 out of the 5 C is impossible for me..but now that I have achieved it. But still my thinking has not change…one needs to have the head that is big enough for the hat he or she wants to wear…

Higher pay or higher rewards meanings higher contribution and much more is required from me….am I able to manage it? Bro told me, I should get above $xxxx amount of salary for what he sees I am doing right now…if I am not getting it…that company is not rewarding me enough…but for me….hmm….that amount is not one which I can ever think of myself getting such amt in at least these two years…Brother has put on a Hat that is too Big for me to wear..and I feel breathless….

Today I feel so stressed out with work…thus came out here to take a little breathe to breath a little….

Time to get back to where I should be….putting on my ‘Hat’ for the day.

No comments: