Sunday, September 27, 2009

The most beautiful verse..Psalm 23



Today's service Pastor Zheng Wei Sheng spoke on Psalm 23, a psalm which is so familiar to almost everyone..yet...one which give fresh thots and lessons of life each time when you dwell in the verse...

A beautiful psalm of (King)David.
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

As Pastor start sharing on the first verse "The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want." Lots of thots flashes across my mind..

Indeed..Our Lord Jesus is like the shepherd in my life..
Like a shepherd who knows his sheep well...knowing every need of his sheep...
knowing what kind of choice we will make in our life..what kind of path we would chose..knowing that like the sheep..we often got so engross with what is infront of us..missing out the BIG PIC..and the Danger that is involve...
Many times like the sheep we lost our way...
by the decision we made..we lead ourselves into danger...

Even tho we know what we ought to do and what we ought NOT to do...
we give in to our sinful desire...we follow our desire and the 'seduction' of this world... God love us..gives us freedom..but many times we misused this freedom and got ourselves into Danger...and at the end..we ended up like the sheep..often attacked by the wolf or even fell down the cliff..
And our Lord ended up rescuing us and protecting us from further harm...
pulling us up from the cliff...chasing away the wolf that is ready to devour us..

How thankful I am..as I recall my life...
Many times..my Lord my Shepherd protects me from those danger..which seems attractive and good for a moment..due to my short-sightedness..like the sheep..
Many times..when 'bad' things happen..God is there to do the remedy..

Looking at what I have right now...everything is the grace from Lord which I do not deserve..and everything is a blessing..which our Lord gives to me generously..
I know very well..that all this is given by God..and if the Lord is to take away..I have no credit to claim for it nor will I ever blame God for it.

I, Angeline is born with nothing..like everyone..coming into this world naked..and one day..leaving this world..not bringing anything with me..but only the most precious thing..that is salvation..by the precious blood of our Lord Jesus Christ when He was nailed on the cross for us..

Indeed having the Lord as my shepherd...I have no wants...(Having the Lord..means having everything I need..with no worries..at all). Losing Christ is losing everything I have..

I truly and faithfully knows..how important Jesus Christ stands in myself...
I am a CHRISTIAN..which I can say proudly...

Sad to say..many claim to be Christian..but their life is without Christ..
and let me share with u again something meaning which I learned....
CHRISTIAN..if u take away the CHRIST in the word CHRISTIAN...

What do u get?

Answer: You get nothing...

Because.. If you take out the 'CHRIST' in the word CHRISTIAN...u left only I. A. N. (Which stands for I am Nothing).

A Christian's life without Jesus Christ is NOTHING!
Because Christ is the everything in a Christian life.

I experience the near death..the near of losing even a room over my head...
but I held one very important thing in my hand..that is the hand of the Lord!
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

And this is the reason why...I insist my future life partner has to be a devoted Christian and a God fearing man like me...I am not prefect at all but I am a sinful..but I admit and know very well I am a sinful...yet the only different is..I have confessed my sins..I know I am a sinful..and I asked and have received the forgiveness of my sins from our Lord Jesus Christ..I am now HIS CHILDREN..
I will never be prefect and no one is prefect till the day..we are back to the Lord..


People asked "Why you insist your partner to be Christian? I see many christian marrying non-christian.."

My answer is "I follow what the Lord teaches me and He knows what is best for me..Bible says TWO MUST BE EQUALLY YOKED. What does that mean? This means that both must have the same belief to fall back to.

In life..there is no eternal life except the love of God. Everyone is been created uniquely and differently. Everyone has different background, different principals they set in their life..how they want their life to be..what they believe..This often caused lots of conflict or disagreement esp in marriage..when a couple quarrel..both refused to give in..insisting only each's opinion is correct..at this point of time..if both are God-fearing Christian..they will fall back to the Bible..seek what is right in God's eyes and not their own eyes..and come to an agreement..because bible has the overall authority in their life..the Word of God is the lamp of our feet and the light of our path."

Many Christian and non-Christian married..but ended up in an unhappy marriage..because their yoke is not enough.
What does it mean by equally yoked in the bible? Yoke is the a wooden bar which is fastened over the necks of two animals, especially ox..if two are not equally yoke..it means you are putting one end of the yoke over the neck of an ox..whereas the other end over the neck of a cow..Do you think they can have enough pace..and get a land plow?

This is exactly what it means..and this is why..two must be of the same religion..esp if the religion means everything to one of the party in the relationship. Hope this gives you a clearer pic.

Thus..I will continue to look and wait upon the one which the Lord has prepared for me..the God-fearing Christian man who truly loves me...
Otherwise..I am willing be stay a happy single..

Pastor once shared..Happiness doesn't comes from marriage..Marriage doesn't create Happiness..Happiness is what a couple must bring into their marriage..in order to be happy..thus..happiness comes first..before a marriage starts:)
So BE HAPPY...AND ENJOY THE HAPPINESS OF WHAT U HAVE RIGHT NOW...
Cheers!

No comments: