Saturday, September 4, 2010

Preparing a new place

Its the first time I am getting a house.
No, I am not getting married...sorry to disappoint you :)
I am getting a house with my siblings.
Moving nearer to my elder brother.

Never know that 'building' a house of your own could be that stressful and lots of things to take into consideration.
First..satisfying your parents yet not wanting them to ruin your 'idea concept of your house' because its your house.
Second, BUDGET...never know that renovating a house could cost so much and 20k cannot get you anywhere...you can only get the least and minimum.
Alot of hidden cost, such as lightings, heater, aircon, accessories, fan, electronic stuff, fridge, tv and so on...

Finally I got my 1st master bed room. Though I could get my bathtub. Its always being my dream to have my bath tube...never know buidling a bath tube could cost additional thousand over dollars...it over our budget...thus I have to wait till I get my bonus..hopefully I can get...then I can finally have my bath tube.
But that will not happen till probably next year.
Even getting my 1st queen size bed costed me S$900+...that is not with the ideal mattress which I want. I probably have to top up another S$200 to get that ideal mattress.

Our budget for each room is only S$2k. So I ended up getting only a wardrobe (customise-6feet) and a queen size bed. Others I will need to save up and add on later..bit by bit...Anyway, with that bed...currently already exceeded my budget by S$200..if to get a better one..will exceed by S$400...
I still have to buy the curtain for my room and the track and curtains for my bed...cuz I want to do up my 'princess-like bed'-something like a canopy bed.

A good thing for this renovation is that my sis is very supportive to how I wish the house to be done up. Thanks sis!

Our new house concept is cafe-relax style.
Each room will have its own theme tho.
Will probably settle which renovation company to use by this or next week.

Ideally will have house warming during this coming Christmas..and have our carolling group coming over to sing carols during christmas eve:)

May our Lord blessed this home!

No comments: