Tuesday, November 30, 2010

God's guiding hand

Recently I have been so busy struggling to cope with the renovation of my new house, packing of my 5-room flat to move into my new 4 room flat...space got smaller and many things need to be thrown away...

This is one of the toughest time I had trying to manage with all the crucial things in life...the renovation couldn't complete as schedule and crashed with my shifting schedule..but we saw God's grace and guiding hand which eventually helped us to have it settled in somehow....

Renovation went overbudget, lots of hidden cost which was unknown to us till one by one it appears.....such as fixing of electrical points, buying of lighting, fixing lightings, delivery cost, stove and hood, tape and sink.....
We met lots of difficulties in renovation and getting the contractor to do what we want. My contractor's coordination is very bad.

I guess this renovation really teach us many lessons on how to be well prepare for the renovation and budgeting for the renovation.

Didn't have sufficient time to revise for this time's exam as I need to watch over the entire renovation process and pack my house for shifting...
since 3 weeks ago...I slept each night at 3am....packing and clearing stuff from my room after work...rushing to places to get lightings and water heater...and thereafter did a little revision in the mist of the tight schedule...

Exam period was really tough for me...I shifted house one day after my first exam paper...which happens to be my bestfriend's birthday...tho her buddies and even her bf contacted me to make surprise appearance...but that day was chaotic...renovation couldn't finished in time, painter still painting my house because they went to paint the wrong house few days ago...instead of my house...aircon man were fixing the aircon....the mover shifting all the staff from my old house into the chaotic new house....furniture shop suddenly pop up sending over the bed...and courts suddenly pop up to send the refrigerator....you can imagine how stressful we were that day...all thanks to the renovation company...sigh...

Thank God that it started to rain and there are other people shifting into the same block that day and managed to drag some time for the mover to shift my stuff in...
otherwise it will be even more chaotic..

By the time things are done in the new house...I rush back to pick my mum from the old house and some other remaining stuff from the old house and send them to the new house....finally settled in with lots of dusts and cartons everywhere in my new house..near midnight..

was way too exhausted even to do my revising for the next paper which is two days later...ended up only left one day for revision for each paper....its my final year and its really no joke to prepare for each paper...one day just for revision for the entire semester....try it....phew...you have to get 2 stack of books as thick as your dictionary and many researches you did before hand into that brain within a day..all I can say is...it is God's grace if I can pass and even do well...

Our course is no joke...the schedule is so tight...we have classes all the way till one week before exam...so don't really have much time preparing...

After shifted in....my dogs were very unsettled and insecure in this new environment esp Lily..she cries everynight and we were so worried that neighbours will complain and we couldn't sleep because of her...so you can imagine...how exhausting it is for me and my sis...

Finally exam is over and I went back to work yesterday....
was unwell...went to see doctor...realised that I was having fever and flu...
doctor knows I am over exhausted...gave me two days mc wants me to have sufficient rest to recuperate.....I was unwell the day before i.e. sunday so did not go to church....

Today...mc resting at home but still doing office work on off...didn't want it to affect my work....
Good thing is ...my room is finally settled...
now cartons in the house are mostly cleaned......house in proper shape...

Many who visited our house compliment that our house is really nice esp my kitchen..which is make of white and red..very outstanding...
and they are amazing that my masterbed bathroom is able to fit in a bath tub...
We will slowly purchase and add on more things to make this house nicer...
spent all we have and exhausted our saving for this house already...

But at last a house of our own....
Thank you Lord for giving us a nice place to stay in.
May you continue to bless this house of ours...May this house be a house of Good testimony...bringing glory to your name! Amen!!!

No comments: