Thursday, June 17, 2010

China trip changed my impression of CHINESE

Frankly speaking tho being a chinese myself -in Singapore, I did not have good impression of chinese from China.

Why So? I guess even chinese from different part of the world adopts different culture, principles or survival skills.

Many would agree with me the view of 'chinese'. They are 'not simple' people..
someone once told me..to speak to a chinese from China, your brain has to turn 10x faster...if you know what I mean.

My impression of Chinese did not change and grew even stronger..esp in Beijing...those people are rude...and sigh........
But things changed when I reached our hometown Quanzhou..near Xiamen.

The place..which is our original hometown...its a country side...
An amazing place..filled with the sweetest people on earth...pure, sincere and sweet till it melts your heart..

People there does not look any outstanding.............but after knowing them....their inner beauty leaves a deep impression that can hardly be erase from one's heart....

Our distant relative came in 3 cars after nearly 2 hours journey to fetch me and my family to our 'house' to stay.
Welcoming us is the air of the mother nature...and unique views of the country side...muds and whatever you can ever think of...

Our cars stopped at a nice 'posh' house among the old bricked house..its one of my uncle's house and my grandpa's house..which they built themselve...
It is also our Clan house I supposed.
The house was huge and nice...floor is made of marbles...so its very cooling...
The living room itself is as big as my present apartment I supposed..
Each house has a well and they uses electronic pump to pump the well water into the water tank on top of the roof for usage.

Meals were cooked over the stove by woods...not gas...first time in my life I actually see how they cook with wood and not gas...and everything we eat is freshly from our own farm or the neighbours/relatives farm, all freshly pluck from the field.
Food taste delicious....yummy...everyone esp dad's appetite got so good that they start eating bowls after bowls of rice.....

Its a short 4days stay with our relative and we bidded goodbye with tears in our eyes..my uncles start crying when we were at the airport bidding goodbye...
our hearts felt so heavy and sunk....I tried my best to hold back those tears of mine..indeed thank God for these wonderful trip...its really changed my impression of chinese from China...and I am proud to be from this same family line...

I will visit them whenever possible if we have the money...
My dad can't wait to go back there again..just like everyone of us...but seriously...
this China and HK trip has spent nearly my entire saving...and I have to start saving up again...
But first for my UK trip for my graduation in London next year.

May our Lord provide me with all my needs and bless me...thank you Lord for everything!

No comments: